Saturday, March 7, 2009

Day at the races

Actually it was more like an hour at the races, but whatever. It was such a nice day and Zoey looked so cute that we decided to go cheer on Aunt Christie and Grandpa's Running Mustangs. I am always up for a good track meet. I love to watch the 400 and the high jump. I feel like this is ironic because I look about as athletic as a potato, but it is in my blood. We didn't get to stay as long as I would have liked because it was pointed out to me by someone I don't know that Zoey was going to get sunburned. I was a little annoyed, but then realized she was right as I forgot to put sunscreen on her before we left as soon as my brother in law got there. We had to say Hi to him first of course. We just love that BIL.
My dad is the high jump coach, so we spent most the time watching his jumpers.
Zoey was giving Grandpa some tips on his high jumpers. "See that girl? Tell her she needs to jump higher. She keeps hitting the bar."
Zoey's favorite part of the meet was walking around on the grass. I didn't blame her. If my sandals squeaked, I would probably have been running around too.
Zoey was desperatly trying to make friends with this group of runners. I don't what attracted her to them, but I think it has something to do with that yellow bottle of Gatorade sitting on the ground.

No comments: