Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Venom

I like to think of our house as the Knippers family infirmary right now. We all have nasty colds. It all started with Zoey, of course. Last week, the snotty nose just hit out of nowhere. I kissed a clean, shining face when I went to work, and by the time I got back, the snot had taken over. It was almost as if this cold had a mind of its own. If I didn't know better, I would think it was some kind of intergalactic parasite come to feed on the snot of the innocent. She was, and continues to be, a complete mess. It was so bad for awhile that she had to figure out a new way to keep her pacifier in her mouth. She kinda let it hang out of the corner of her mouth like some half smoked, soggy cigar. Thankfully, she has improved enough to stop channeling Groucho Marx. However, the parasite has found two new hosts. John and I have drank our weight in hot tea trying to ward off the inevitable, but, alas, all that managed to do is severely dwindle our tea supply. However, if anyone needs a tea sommelier, John and I are now experts. Thanksgiving break could not have come at a better time. I am hoping that this parasite will find a new host soon, so whoever wants to come over is more than welcome. Enter at your own risk.

No comments: