Saturday, May 23, 2009

A Day at the Zoo

I am way behind (and by the way, I HATE it when I can't figure out how to make the underlining go away!). Around Zoey's birthday, we took her to the zoo. She is quite the animal lover, so she just loved seeing all the animals. I didn't get tons of pictures, because I was so entralled with watching her love the animals.

John and Zoey checking out the pigs. Look at that open mouth. If we would have let her, I think she would have crawled right in to that pig pen.

Okay, so a squirrel at the zoo is not that big of a deal, but it was so close that I had to take a picture!
I love the giraffes and so did Zoey.

One mesmerized little girl
Zoey LOVED the petting zoo. I don't think the goats liked her as much as she liked them. She really liked their ears.

At the end of the day we had a very tired but very happy little bug!
The only dark moment of our day was when Zoey and I got stuck in the prairie dog tunnel. I thought after sitting in her stroller for so long, she would love crawling in the tunnel and watching the animals, and I was right. What I didn't take into account was HOW much she would like her freedom. I couldn't her to come out. I am very claustrophic and it was so hot in the tunnel and I was on my knees in grit and sand, and I almost had a panic attack. I think John was a little concerned, because he came to my rescue. He let me come out so he could crawl in and retrieve a noncompliant little girl. Note to self: The prairie dog tunnel with a one year old is NOT a good idea.

No comments: