Thursday, August 14, 2008

Some short, badly written poetry

Ode to the Clean Floor

Oh, clean floor I simply love you.
I miss you so when you are gone,
which is more often than not.
You are so faithful
although you are used and abused.
You have been tracked on with fresh cut grass;
you have been pooped on by a sick kitty;
you have been spit up on by a healthy girl-
yet every time I wish to see you again,
all I have to do is give you a little scrub and there you are again
shining up at me like the ugly duckling turned into a swan.

Ode to a Glass of Wine

Beautiful wine sparkling in my glass,
do you know the joy you bring to me?
No, you do not for you are an inanimate object.
However, you show me more love than most living creatures.

Ode to a Sleeping Baby

Sweet baby girl-
love of my life
resting peacefully with little babely sighs.
Little sleeping hands clutching your blanket
still for the first time all day.
Watching you sleeping your dreamless sleep brings peace to our house
and joy to our hearts.
Mom and Dad hold hands as they watch your chest rise and fall
afraid to move too loudly.
Because although you look content in sleep
if we wake you up,
we will have hell to pay.

THE END (and the end of the torture)

3 comments:

Sarah said...

How much wine did you drink exactly? Haha just kidding! Such a writer you are! :)

Misty said...

Ah well, I happen to be a big fan of the short, badly written poetry. Makes me want to eat some grapes.

Mr. and Mrs. Smith said...

Hi, you don't know me but I found your blog through Amy's and wanted to tell you that I loved your poetry. And your post about going back to work made me cry - I feel for you. I really do. I was a career woman before Hunter came along and have had difficulty finding the balance in my life ever since. I will warn you that it doesn't get easier, but be grateful that you get the opportunity to work only part-time. Cherish it. I have the same blessing and don't appreciate it often enough. Thanks for the blogs - I will try to check back with you often.

Kristi :)