Friday, August 8, 2008

confessions of a tired mom

I have been completely wiped out for the past week. It seems like nothing I do catches me up on my sleep. I was even desperate enough to take a nap with Zoey once. However, since the girl hardly naps herself, it was moot. Aside from being a crazy person all week, my exhaustion has led me to do a couple of things I wouldn't have normally done this week. As a preface, I completely blame the first thing on mommy brain. On Wednesday I went to Praise Team practice at our new "building" (the trailer that sits on our land with containing our pastor's office). I was so excited to go there, because I am really proud of where our church is going and I had never been to the site. I was a little unsure how to get there, but true to word, you really do just continue straight down W. Lake Houston until the road runs out. So, I pulled into the dirt patch considered part of the parking lot and bopped into the the building. At the end of practice, we took prayer requests. I talked about my job and starting school. I am so happy about this job. God has been so faithful in this matter. It is the perfect part time job and I have the perfect person lined up to watch Zoey. For those of you who know me, you know that while I am sharing all of this, I am being overly animated and well, gushy. At one point I clasped my hands together and said, "My life is perfect." Also, please note that I was the only girl at practice this week. I know the guys thought I was a little (okay alot) crazy. Well, after practice I trudged through the mud back to my car. I started to back up, and I realized I was stuck. My four wheel drive off road vehicle was stuck in the mud. Well, so much for the perfect life. It was very short lived. Oh, the irony. As I was searching for my cell phone (that I had conveniently forgotten) to call John, Douglas, our drummer, knocked on my window. He told me that he and our bassist were going to jump on the back of my car so I could get some traction. Commence jumping. Didn't work. So Douglas had to stand in ankle high mud and push my car while the other guy kept jumping. We finally got the car out but not without a few casualties. Douglas' shoes will probably never be the same. One might think that the story stops there, but oh no. Mommy brain continued to wreak havoc. I have mentioned before that I had never been to the building. Well, on the way back, I was a little distracted by my embarrassment and I didn't really take notice of things until I realized the arrows on the street were pointing toward me. Then I noticed the other guys driving down the other side of the street looking at me in a curious manner. It is a good thing that no one was coming toward me. I managed to get on the right side of the road, and when I pulled up next to Douglas I casually mentioned that I would appreciate this being our little inside joke. Being the gentleman that he is, he agreed. I managed to get home with no more incidents, but needless to say I was a little frazzled. I tried to relay the story to John as a joke, but he clearly was not in the mood, and he was concerned that I had run over some re bar. He started grilling me about where I had parked, and the craziness of the evening caught up with me, and I may have overreacted to the interrogation. At several points in our "conversation" I had my fingers in my ears. Really mature, I know. All I really wanted to do was go to bed and sleep until I woke up. Zoey had different plans. She woke up early the next morning, and it was a long day. John went to a men's fellowship that evening, and I found myself alone. As I got myself ready for bed, I noticed something curious on the bedspread. Upon further investigation, I realized one of the cats had thrown up on the bed. Gross. I stood there for a good few minutes trying to figure out what I should do. it hadn't been that long since we had gotten the bedspread back from the dry cleaners, and I really didn't want to have to load it up in the car along with a baby and drop it off again. So, what is a tired mom to do? She simply picks up the mess and sprays Resolve on the spot in hopes that the evidence will disappear. Much to my dismay, it worked, and I chose sleep as my reward.


Misty said...

I say you are way ahead of the game. I would have thrown the blanket in a pile on the floor and found another to sleep with. Also, I have discovered that I can machine wash my down comforter without incident. A helpful tidbit for you. Praying for you to get some rest before going back to work. HL and lots of XOXOXO.

The Beasley's said...

I've come to the realization that we may never talk on the phone again or even see each other in person, ahem, but I would like to know where you snatched the part-time job and what you'll be doing. You can just leave me a message on Facebook :-)