Thursday, May 27, 2010

Coming to an end

As we speak, my fifth period is eating lunch in my classroom. A couple of weeks ago, they asked if they could start eating with me, and of course I said yes. I thought it might wear me out to not have a little break, but I LOVE IT. I love my kids so much (well, most of them anyway). I am going to be so sad on the last day of school. This year, above all other years, I have enjoyed my kids the most. It is probably because I have a class of 10, a class of 12, and a class of 6. I know; it is unbelievably great. Plus, I just love 6th graders. I never thought I would, but I adore them. They are still young enough to like their teacher. So, right now, I am just watching them play trashketball, and just soaking it all in. I am so happy. I love when life saturates a place.

On a completely different note-I am going to Claremont tomorrow! I am going to Claremont tomorrow! I am going to Claremont tomorrow! I am going to Claremont tomorrow! I am going to Claremont tomorrow! I am going to Claremont tomorrow! I am going to Claremont tomorrow! I am going to Claremont tomorrow. I am going to Claremont tomorrow! I am going to Claremont tomorrow! I am going to Claremont tomorrow. I am going to Claremont tomorrow. I am going to Claremont tomorrow! I am going to Claremont tomorrow!......... I think you might get the picture that I am somewhat excited about our little vacation. All day Monday I thought it was Tuesday. I even pulled the trash to the sidewalk before I realized that it was Monday. I think I was subconsciously trying to speed up the week. Oh my gosh. I am hardly wait. It is going to be so great. Relaxing and just enjoying the beautiful weather with a few touristy things here and there-that is my idea of a vacation. On a happy note-My sweet Kelly has definitely made this week much more than simply bearable. I am so thankful to have a friend who will drop everything to come and help me out. Kindness in body form.

No comments: