Tuesday, December 30, 2008

walking the walk

My brother is pretty much the coolest person I know. He is one of those people who not only talks the talk, but walks the walk. He is always thinking of ways to share God's love with everyone, and I am not talking just the people that he sees in daily life. I am talking about "the least of these." The people that most people just walk by without giving a second glance. Yesterday, Matthew was in Dallas with the cousins going to a hockey game. As he was walking into the game, he saw a homeless man getting ready to bed down for the night, and knowing him, without hesitation, he gave the man his letter jacket saying, "You need this more that I do." I can't help but believe that my Lord is bursting with pride for his son, my brother. I know I am.

2 comments:

kelly said...

what a cutie cutester :)

Misty said...

I'll join the Matthew fan club. He is pretty great.