Friday, January 2, 2009

2008-A year in Review

At the request of a friend, and because I am grossly procrastinating, and because I am trying to resist the temptation to eat lots of chocolate, and because John is forcing me to watch a Larry the Cable Guy movie, I would like to take this time to reflect on the previous year.

Let's see, 2008:
Rang in the new year by growing a baby in my body
Was showered with gifts and blessings by dear friends
Gave my unborn child a built in legacy when I picked her name
Gained entirely too much weight
Met my bug for the first time
Lost a lot of sleep
Fell into a black hole
Met (or was reunited) with a friend who not only helped pull me out of the hole, she put on many hats for my family
Took my bug swimming
Celebrated five years of marriage with my darling in San Francisco
Moved the bug upstairs
Started getting more sleep at night (HALLELUJAH!)
Received the perfect job
Fell in love with 6th graders
Celebrated 27 years of life with my nearest and dearest
Was infuriated with 6th graders
Took a little Chinese girl trick or treating
Gave thanks for my family
Put some miles on my running shoes
Became Santa Claus
Shopped/Ate/Slept in the new year with two of my favorite ladies

Okay, there it is. It was a bumpy year to say the least, but it was full of blessings and lessons. It is a year that I would never want to re-live, but one I will look back on with fond memories. I have several things that I want to leave in 2008, but "I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." (Phil. 3:14)

Lookin' fine in 2009, baby!

No comments: